يستخدم هذا الموقع ملفات الكوكيز. بالموافقة على استخدام ملفات الكوكيزcookies، تجعلون استخدامكم للموقع أكثر راحة القراءة بشكل أكثر تفصيلا.
02:43

USA: Authorities failed them - Young father among thousands to fight cancer on 18th anniversary of 9/11

الولايات المتحدة, New York City
سبتمبر 11, 2019 في 07:41 GMT +00:00 · تم النشر

Wednesday marks eighteen years since the 9/11 terror attacks claimed as many as 3,000 lives in the United States. Now, a cancer patient is trying to get compensation from September 11th Victim Compensation Fund claiming he was exposed to toxins at Ground Zero in the wake of the attacks.

The 37-year-old Richard Fahrer is among tens of thousands who according to the World Trade Center Health Programme had been diagnosed with aggressive forms of cancers at a young age seemingly as a result of being exposed to the carcinogenic substances that were released following the attacks.

The young father believes the officials could have warned residents to stay away from Ground Zero latent with dioxins and asbestos. The officials could have protected them.

"They blatantly told us that it was safe to be down here," says Fahrer who used to work as a land surveyor between 2001 and 2003 in south Manhattan, where the Twin Towers had come crashing down.

"Go back to your day jobs. Go back to work. Do live life like you normally would. So, for work, for pleasure, for recreation, I carried out my normal daily life activities and here I am 18 years later fighting for my life."

Fahrer is represented by Matthew J. Baione, a lawyer from the firm Pitta & Baione.

"I think the government failed to protect the victims by doing quite the opposite of protecting them," says Baione who adds even long after the attacks the air remained toxic.

"The chemicals burnt for 99 days emitting into the air horrible cancer-causing toxins."

Fahrer's wife asks him whether he believes the terrorists who flew the passenger planes into the World Trade Centre buildings on September 11, 2001 had a hand in causing his colon cancer.

"I don't think I will ever know the truth of that," he says but adds, "I do know though that I am suffering unexpectedly and I had also been exposed for a significant period of time following 9/11."

02:43
هل يوجد لديكم حساب؟يرجى التسجيل!
النص

Wednesday marks eighteen years since the 9/11 terror attacks claimed as many as 3,000 lives in the United States. Now, a cancer patient is trying to get compensation from September 11th Victim Compensation Fund claiming he was exposed to toxins at Ground Zero in the wake of the attacks.

The 37-year-old Richard Fahrer is among tens of thousands who according to the World Trade Center Health Programme had been diagnosed with aggressive forms of cancers at a young age seemingly as a result of being exposed to the carcinogenic substances that were released following the attacks.

The young father believes the officials could have warned residents to stay away from Ground Zero latent with dioxins and asbestos. The officials could have protected them.

"They blatantly told us that it was safe to be down here," says Fahrer who used to work as a land surveyor between 2001 and 2003 in south Manhattan, where the Twin Towers had come crashing down.

"Go back to your day jobs. Go back to work. Do live life like you normally would. So, for work, for pleasure, for recreation, I carried out my normal daily life activities and here I am 18 years later fighting for my life."

Fahrer is represented by Matthew J. Baione, a lawyer from the firm Pitta & Baione.

"I think the government failed to protect the victims by doing quite the opposite of protecting them," says Baione who adds even long after the attacks the air remained toxic.

"The chemicals burnt for 99 days emitting into the air horrible cancer-causing toxins."

Fahrer's wife asks him whether he believes the terrorists who flew the passenger planes into the World Trade Centre buildings on September 11, 2001 had a hand in causing his colon cancer.

"I don't think I will ever know the truth of that," he says but adds, "I do know though that I am suffering unexpectedly and I had also been exposed for a significant period of time following 9/11."

الأكثر مشاهدة
الفيديوهات الأكثر تحميلا في آخر 24 ساعة
View all videos
01:44
سوريا: الجيش العربي السوري يشنّ هجوما مضادا لاستعادة سراقب
فيفري 28 في 12:17 GMT +00:00
01:36
تركيا: وسائل إعلام حكومية: نقل جنود أتراك إلى مشفى هاتاي الحكومي عقب قصف جوي في إدلب
فيفري 28 في 12:13 GMT +00:00
02:10
إيران: نائب وزير الصحة يتعرق ويسعل خلال مؤتمر صحفي قبل يوم من تأكيد إصابته بفيروس كورونا
فيفري 25 في 19:03 GMT +00:00
02:02
اليونان: اللاجئون يصلون إلى جزيرة ليسبوس وسط تقارير تفيد بفتح تركيا حدودها أمامهم نحو أوروبا
فيفري 28 في 11:54 GMT +00:00
00:51
تركيا: رصد العشرات من اللاجئين في إدرنة يتجهون نحو اليونان
فيفري 28 في 15:52 GMT +00:00
01:10
تركيا: اللاجئون السوريون يتوجهون إلى الحدود الأوروبية سيرا على الأقدام
فيفري 28 في 13:10 GMT +00:00
02:52
تركيا: شاهد عشرات اللاجئين يتوجهون إلى الحدود اليونانية
فيفري 28 في 16:22 GMT +00:00
03:16
اليونان: وصول اللاجئين إلى شواطئ جزيرة ليسبوس عقب سماح تركيا لهم بالعبور إلى أوروبا
فيفري 28 في 18:16 GMT +00:00
07:45
روسيا: لافروف يؤكد أن سوريا "لها كامل الحق في مكافحة الإرهاب"عقب مقتل 33 جنديا تركيا إثر قصف جوي
فيفري 28 في 15:44 GMT +00:00
Pool للمشتركين فقط
00:29
روسيا: بوتين يبحث مع أعضاء مجلس الأمن التطورات في إدلب عقب مقتل جنود أتراك بغارة جوية
فيفري 28 في 17:54 GMT +00:00
02:07
تركيا: اللاجئون ينتقلون عبر حافلات من إسطنبول باتجاه الحدود اليونانية
فيفري 28 في 17:19 GMT +00:00
01:00
سوريا: المسلحون المدعومون من تركيا يزعمون سيطرتهم على بلدة سراقب
فيفري 27 في 18:02 GMT +00:00
02:04
سوريا: الجيش يسيطر على كفرنبل ويواصل تقدمه في محافظة إدلب
فيفري 27 في 13:37 GMT +00:00
02:42
سوريا: الجيش العربي السوري يواصل سير عملياته العسكرية في إدلب
فيفري 26 في 07:49 GMT +00:00
02:37
روسيا: العثور على ثلاثة صغار دببة في صندوق كرتوني أمام ملجأ إيركوتسك للحيونات
فيفري 28 في 12:25 GMT +00:00
00:41
تركيا: اللاجئون يلعبون كرة القدم أثناء انتظارهم في مدينة أدرنة التركية المتاخمة للحدود اليونانية
فيفري 28 في 13:00 GMT +00:00
00:28
إيران: شاحنة تقوم بتعقيم طرقات الأهواز وسط تفشي فيروس كورونا
فيفري 28 في 17:33 GMT +00:00
Pool للمشتركين فقط
01:43
بلجيكا: الأمين العام لحلف الناتو يعرب عن "تضامنه الكامل مع تركيا" عقب مقتل جنودها في إدلب
فيفري 28 في 17:25 GMT +00:00
View all videos